Force VSTi and plugin GUIs to open on touchscreen

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
Jeera

Force VSTi and plugin GUIs to open on touchscreen

Post by Jeera » 02 Mar 2016 07:45

Would it be possible to have DTouch force VSTi and plugin GUIs to open on the touchscreen monitor? When I first use a VSTi/plugin, it opens up where it pleases rather randomly. If it opens up on my non-touchscreen monitor, I then have to grab the mouse and drag it over to the touchscreen.

Once it's moved to the touchscreen, the VSTi/plugin GUI seems to open on the touchscreen by default while that project is open. New instances of the VSTi/plugin will again appear randomly between monitors.

I realize this is a longshot but it doesn't hurt to ask!

MichaelScott

Re: Force VSTi and plugin GUIs to open on touchscreen

Post by MichaelScott » 03 Mar 2016 04:18

Mine always open on the touch screen. I can't remember right now but check advanced settings for dtouch.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 07 Mar 2016 16:11

Jeera wrote:Would it be possible to have DTouch force VSTi and plugin GUIs to open on the touchscreen monitor? When I first use a VSTi/plugin, it opens up where it pleases rather randomly. If it opens up on my non-touchscreen monitor, I then have to grab the mouse and drag it over to the touchscreen.

Once it's moved to the touchscreen, the VSTi/plugin GUI seems to open on the touchscreen by default while that project is open. New instances of the VSTi/plugin will again appear randomly between monitors.

I realize this is a longshot but it doesn't hurt to ask!
Hello Jeera,
unfortunately, the Plug-In GUI position is managed by Cubase. I don't know why Cubase opens your Plug-Ins window somewhere, but surely DTouch cannot overwrite this "Cubase setting".
DTouch is able to move and resize some Cubase windows like the Channel Editor, but, at the moment, we are not able to do the same with a Plug-In GUI. I will keep your suggestion in our to-do list and I hope that we can include this in a future release of DToch for Cubase, bacuse that behaviour is really annoying.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

touchtouch

Post by touchtouch » 07 Mar 2016 18:19

Hi, Cubase is opening the plugin GUI default on Windows main screen.
Check under Screen Resolution (Windows settings) what is selected as your main screen.
You can also make sure that your touch screen is where your main Cubase window is (the docked toolbar with Cubase icon).
Hope this helps.