Ability to Swipe Fader banks and Pinch/Expand in Editor

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
rcprod

Ability to Swipe Fader banks and Pinch/Expand in Editor

Post by rcprod » 13 Mar 2016 15:05

I noticed that in Presonus S1 you can swipe their mixer to go through the banks of faders. Would it be possible to implement this in DTouch? Just seems like a more natural solution compared to pressing a bank selection button. (previous/next/first/last banks as in DTouch)

I also see that S1 allows the user to pinch and expand tracks in their edit window using the user's hand. Is this a possibility for DTouch as well?

Thanks.

PeterZ

Re: Ability to Swipe Fader banks and Pinch/Expand in Editor

Post by PeterZ » 14 Mar 2016 08:13

Yes, but how to decide if you want to change fader levels or bank swipe? Multi-gesture?

What works really well, in case you haven't tried already, is to touch/swipe the small meter bar on top of the screen or select a track in the inspector on the far left.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 15 Mar 2016 14:32

rcprod wrote:I noticed that in Presonus S1 you can swipe their mixer to go through the banks of faders. Would it be possible to implement this in DTouch? Just seems like a more natural solution compared to pressing a bank selection button. (previous/next/first/last banks as in DTouch)
Hello rcprod,
I really doubt that we can have a fluent scroll. I suggest to test the workflow proposed by PeterZ.
rcprod wrote:I also see that S1 allows the user to pinch and expand tracks in their edit window using the user's hand. Is this a possibility for DTouch as well?

Thanks.
If this is not native in the Cubase GUI, we have no other methods to implement it.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

rcprod

Post by rcprod » 16 Mar 2016 07:42

Sure, I can use that workflow.

I am not much of a fan of Presonus in general, but I think this is pretty cool:

Check it out at 2:04, 2:30, 3:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgNDNR4vCCo