The Zoom tool

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
~ufo~

The Zoom tool

Post by ~ufo~ » 20 Feb 2016 10:22

I woud like the scroll/zoom section in the (Pro Tools) version to be rethought.

right now I have to toggle between functionalities, which I dislike.
To me this goes against the essence of both DTouch and multi touch itself.

Now, if at the moment it's not possible to incorporate multi touch gestures for zoom and scrolling, I'll accept that but I much prefer a solution that incorporates scrolling, normal zoom and waveform zoom on a single pane, without having to toggle functionalities.

What are the options/obstacles to achieve this?

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the DTouch team. They've been extremely kind, forthright and helpful!
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

kjd01

Re: The Zoom tool

Post by kjd01 » 21 Feb 2016 10:02

I also suggested the same for Cubase. Currently we switch between several modes. I would like to see some form of way to get to each mode with one press and not step through each mode.

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 21 Feb 2016 10:15

I think it's preferable to not have to press anything to select modes.

Ideally, you would have different hot spots (areas) on the nav pad from which you move your finger up and down and/or sideways to manipulate the different scrol/zoom functions. Now, for a floating navpad that's doable, but obviously if you have your navpad at the bottom of the screen you can't move your finger downwards from it very far.
If you can do the same movement but with different amounts of fingers, you would not need to have different hot spots.

for example:

one finger is zoom
two fingers is scroll
three fingers is waveform zoom
four fingers is midi zoom

if there could be a floating navpad mode that does this, that would be great!
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 23 Feb 2016 18:23

Hello guys,

I am not a fan of gestures or multiple fingers tapping because I consider them not very precise and secure. Anyway, we can test it. I would prefere dedicated small pad areas for each "mode".
As I said somewhere else, we plan to improve the Navpad of all the DTouch versions. In Cubase we will add fade_in/out, trim, ... functions too.
We hope to have something new soon.

Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Constantine

Post by Constantine » 30 Jun 2016 21:33

The navpad from Raven seems very intuitive. If something similar will be achieved will be great.