New ideas for the Floating Mixer...

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
valario

New ideas for the Floating Mixer...

Post by valario » 07 Nov 2018 09:45

Hi Silvano and hi everyone here!
First of all, thank you for 1.5.1 version and for your attention to users’ ideas…

I would suggest some further improvement to the floating mixer:

1. Send and cue Racks: now we can switch on/off the send/cue by CTRL+press. It could be very useful to switch their pre/post function also using another modifier key…such as SHIFT+press?
2. Bars colors in the Send/Cue Racks: it would be visually functional if the colors of the bars marking the level of the send and cues were customizable (each in the two pre or post fader options) in order to match the colors assigned by Nuendo...
3. Buttons: There are two unused and empty buttons in the extreme right area of the floating mixer, just under the three buttons Matrix Level/Pan, Rack Mode, [M] Channel Strip and before the Link and Unlink buttons. I think it might be useful if they were assignable (to recall directly some send or cues or for whatever other function…)
4. Selectable channels: is it possible to select multiple channels directly from the floating? I remember I ask it some time ago during the "Legacy mode" period and before the arrival of the floating M…is it yet impossible?
5. Center Channels: it would be nice to have the possibility to center the mixer channels. I often have sessions of a few (6/8/10) channels and I would like to have them in the middle of the mixer and not on the left.

What do you think?

Thanx in advance,
Valerio

DT_bettinzana

Re: New ideas for the Floating Mixer...

Post by DT_bettinzana » 08 Nov 2018 20:46

Hello Valerio!
We will answer in details tomorrow.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Support Team

Post by Support Team » 12 Nov 2018 08:30

valario wrote:
07 Nov 2018 09:45
1. Send and cue Racks: now we can switch on/off the send/cue by CTRL+press. It could be very useful to switch their pre/post function also using another modifier key…such as SHIFT+press?
Sorry, we already used all the available keyboard modifiers! :roll:
  • CTRL: Bypass
  • SHIFT: Fine
  • ALT: Temporary channel link disable (superimposed by Nuendo)

valario wrote:
2. Bars colors in the Send/Cue Racks: it would be visually functional if the colors of the bars marking the level of the send and cues were customizable (each in the two pre or post fader options) in order to match the colors assigned by Nuendo...
We don't think allowing customizable colors is a good idea; what we propose is to change the current colors in order to match the Nuendo ones, like you see in this screenshot:
floatmix.png
floatmix.png (46.22 KiB) Viewed 16702 times
Would this be OK for you?

valario wrote:
3. Buttons: There are two unused and empty buttons in the extreme right area of the floating mixer, just under the three buttons Matrix Level/Pan, Rack Mode, [M] Channel Strip and before the Link and Unlink buttons. I think it might be useful if they were assignable (to recall directly some send or cues or for whatever other function…)
Nope, these buttons are reserved for future use (and they cannot be made User Buttons because they are too little...)

valario wrote:
4. Selectable channels: is it possible to select multiple channels directly from the floating? I remember I ask it some time ago during the "Legacy mode" period and before the arrival of the floating M…is it yet impossible?
Yes, this feature is impossible and will never be implemented anymore, because of a technical limitation in the protocol we use to talk with Nuendo.
The LEGACY mode used a workaround that it's not available anymore in the new Nuendo versions (8.2 and newer).

valario wrote:
5. Center Channels: it would be nice to have the possibility to center the mixer channels. I often have sessions of a few (6/8/10) channels and I would like to have them in the middle of the mixer and not on the left.
We already have this on the wishlist.
However, don't expect this feature to be available in the near future, as it will require a fair amount of work to be implemented.

valario

Re: New ideas for the Floating Mixer...

Post by valario » 12 Nov 2018 13:56

Hi Silvano, thanx for answering:

1. Ok... and with 2 modifiers?? CTRL+ALT+press or any other combination??
2. Ok! Thank you!
3. ok
4. ok
5. ok, great

Valerio

Support Team

Post by Support Team » 19 Nov 2018 14:10

valario wrote:
valario wrote:
12 Nov 2018 13:56
Ok... and with 2 modifiers?? CTRL+ALT+press or any other combination??
This new feature has been implemented (using the CTRL+SHIFT double-modifier); you will find it in the next DTouch for Nuendo release.
Thanks!