DTouch for Cubase - Mac Version

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
orthogonalrecords

Re: DTouch for Cubase - Mac Version

Post by orthogonalrecords » 05 Oct 2016 08:04

One more question, just out of curiosity.

If I would get DTouch for Pro Tools on Mac, would that also work as a system-wide multi touch driver even without Pro Tools installed?
And will there probably be any possibility to cross-grade from DTouch Pro Tools to Cubase as soon as the Cubase Mac Version is released?

The reason I am asking is this: When getting an Iiyama Touchscreen as discussed in the other thread, I would need to purchase the seperate touch-base driver. I would rather buy DTouch only for it's touch driver and then cross-grade with a discount as opposed to buying the touch base driver and then having no need for it anymore once DTouch for Cubase on Mac is released.

Thanks,
Markus

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 07 Oct 2016 23:26

orthogonalrecords wrote:One more question, just out of curiosity.

If I would get DTouch for Pro Tools on Mac, would that also work as a system-wide multi touch driver even without Pro Tools installed?
And will there probably be any possibility to cross-grade from DTouch Pro Tools to Cubase as soon as the Cubase Mac Version is released?

The reason I am asking is this: When getting an Iiyama Touchscreen as discussed in the other thread, I would need to purchase the seperate touch-base driver. I would rather buy DTouch only for it's touch driver and then cross-grade with a discount as opposed to buying the touch base driver and then having no need for it anymore once DTouch for Cubase on Mac is released.

Thanks,
Markus
Check out the other thread...I mention another possibility you might or might not be interested in.

As per the dtouch multitouch overlay for protools...it only works with the protools overlay. You won't get multi touch on osx outside of the overlay. So unless you also work in protools, it would be of no use to you.

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 08 Oct 2016 07:36

Thanks Michael!

I just thought DTouch for Pro Tools might also bring touch to OS X in general. So if it's not it's of no use as you said.

DAW-Support

Post by DAW-Support » 28 Oct 2016 10:07

Hi Markus!

DTouch for Pro Tools actually brings "Touch" to OSX. Just not Multi-Touch. The moment the DTouch application is running (before starting Pro Tools!) you have single-touch for the whole system. I use this all the time to control Logic X or Cubase inbetween.

You can even use DTouch in a totally not suppoted way: sometimes I get really annoyed about the Logic X transport buttons being forced to the top of the program window. So I briefly start Pro Tools to get the DTouch Toolbar activated, close Pro Tools, launch Logic and create a HUI Controller mapped to the DTouch ports. Voilà: transport section works. I guess you could even try mouse macros...
But actually: don't. It's very easy to make it do strange things ;-)

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 28 Oct 2016 11:11

Thanks DAW-Support!

I thought it must work somehow like you explained.
However, I went with the Touch-Base driver now which also gives me Single-Touch for the whole system and even gesture support (swiping, etc.)
I guess I will keep that setup until DTouch Cubase/Mac has been released.

Best,
Markus

DAW-Support

Post by DAW-Support » 28 Nov 2016 13:38

Gesture support would be really great!

damiensalancon

Post by damiensalancon » 23 Feb 2017 07:20

Hi , just updating this post to see if any announcement will be made in the near futur about a dtouch version for Cubase on Mac. I can't wait to see this coming up as watching at the videos about Dtouch technology looks definetely like the right Move to do!

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 11 Jul 2017 13:43

Hi all!

Another five months gone without any announcement regarding DTouch for Cubase/Mac.
Any news?

Thanks and best regards,
Markus

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 11 Jul 2017 15:07

orthogonalrecords wrote:
11 Jul 2017 13:43
Hi all!

Another five months gone without any announcement regarding DTouch for Cubase/Mac.
Any news?

Thanks and best regards,
Markus
No news, unfortunately.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 11 Jul 2017 18:08

Ok, thanks Silvano.

Seems I will have to use single touch a little longer. :(