DTouch for Cubase - Mac Version

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
TrakStudios

Re: DTouch for Cubase - Mac Version

Post by TrakStudios » 17 Feb 2018 21:10

Sorry for yet another post asking the same question - but are there any news regarding DTouch for Cubase on Mac? We haven't heard anything in a little while now.
I am planning on doing some upgrades to my studio, including adding a touch screen. I really want to use DTouch for this, but I do not want to switch to Pro Tools (I do use Pro Tools as well, but I much prefer Cubase and would like to keep that as my main DAW), and want to stay on Mac.

The Slate Raven is of course also an option, but I prefer the layout in DTouch for Cubase, and I would like to be able to get the screen size that I want. Plus Raven is quite a bit more expensive, of course!

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 17 Feb 2018 23:38

TrakStudios wrote:
17 Feb 2018 21:10
Sorry for yet another post asking the same question - but are there any news regarding DTouch for Cubase on Mac? We haven't heard anything in a little while now.
I am planning on doing some upgrades to my studio, including adding a touch screen. I really want to use DTouch for this, but I do not want to switch to Pro Tools (I do use Pro Tools as well, but I much prefer Cubase and would like to keep that as my main DAW), and want to stay on Mac.

The Slate Raven is of course also an option, but I prefer the layout in DTouch for Cubase, and I would like to be able to get the screen size that I want. Plus Raven is quite a bit more expensive, of course!
I am sorry ... no news.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 19 Feb 2018 00:30

FWIW: I’ve been running Windows 8.1 on my Mac Pro for over a year now (because low buffer performance of of PT on Mac has been SUCKING).
Sure, Mac is more elegant and I miss it when I have to deal with the Windows Explorerer BUT: performance is important and once you are in the DAW, the difference between OS is minimal.
Just consider adding a SSD or partition to your Mac to run Windows.
Cubase and DTouch on Windows is pretty sweet, while you wait for the Mac version.

I kinda like being able to dual boot. If something’s buggy on one OS, you can always try to continue working on the other.

Just my €0,02
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 09 Apr 2021 16:58

4 1/2 years now from the original post, and just wondering if any plans to still do this for osx or is it pretty much off the books?