DTouch for Cubase - Mac Version

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
clonewar

DTouch for Cubase - Mac Version

Post by clonewar » 14 Apr 2016 04:57

Just curious if there's any news about the Mac OSX version of DTouch for Cubase? I haven't asked about it in a little while.... :D
Michael Nazari

DTouch for Cubase Walkthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26Ca9Pyb4Y

DT_bettinzana

Re: DTouch for Cubase - Mac Version

Post by DT_bettinzana » 15 Apr 2016 16:17

No news at the moment.
We are sorry. Anyway we have a plan for it.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

clonewar

Post by clonewar » 16 Apr 2016 17:59

Thanks Silvano, good to know that it's still on the roadmap.
Michael Nazari

DTouch for Cubase Walkthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26Ca9Pyb4Y

colonynofi

Post by colonynofi » 08 Sep 2016 04:56

I am bumping this politely to say I'm ALL in if and when this happens (especially if its Nuendo as well - which I'm gathering would come at a similar time). As it is, I'm seriously looking at getting a PC just because of this software. (If only I could get a PC as powerful as my mac in a similar sized enclosure - I travel all the time with my work!)

Any help that I can give to make this happen - be it a guinea pig tester, or otherwise - please just let me know. I really don't want to have to get a raven ;)

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 08 Sep 2016 16:43

colonynofi wrote:I am bumping this politely to say I'm ALL in if and when this happens (especially if its Nuendo as well - which I'm gathering would come at a similar time). As it is, I'm seriously looking at getting a PC just because of this software. (If only I could get a PC as powerful as my mac in a similar sized enclosure - I travel all the time with my work!)

Any help that I can give to make this happen - be it a guinea pig tester, or otherwise - please just let me know. I really don't want to have to get a raven ;)
We have plans for it, but it is a huge application and it will take months.

Raven: DTouch for Cubase is truly a lot more powerful than the Raven SW for Cubendo and, honestly, considering that they base all the communication with Cubendo on Ney-Fi, I think that they will never implement a lot of improvements.
The Pro Tools version of DTouch is not so different from the Raven because the HUI protocol is really the bottleneck. Of course, I like more DTouch (otherwise we would have implemented it in a different way!) but I must say the truth. Anyway, on the Cubendo side we have no competitors!
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

colonynofi

Post by colonynofi » 09 Sep 2016 06:06

Understood re the mac version. I will then sit and wait. My research into your software had me suspect it was superior to raven for cubase/nuendo... I just wish i wasn't so tied to mac. I am definitely looking into PC options right now. If anyone here can point me in the direction of help in building a SMALL but powerful PC (at least as powerful as mac pro with 64-128GB ram) - then I'll be well on my way.

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 28 Sep 2016 14:19

Hi all!

I would also be very interested in a Cubase - Mac Version of DTouch, since I just transformed my PC into a hackintosh.

The thing is, that at least on my machine mac os is so much more powerful in terms of real time performance. I can now run projects at a buffer size of 64 samples, whereas under Win 10 Cubase would crash when opening the exact same projects with buffers lower than 2048 samples. That was quite surprising to me as I didn't expect such a big difference with the exact same hardware.

So as you would guess, I am not exactly planning to go back to Windows, even though DTouch would be great and would completely replace my hardware controller.

So my question is: Is there any roadmap for a Mac implementation of DTouch for Cubase? Some time horizon? I would also gladly be in for beta testing or the like.
As colonynofi mentioned, it would be a shame having to purchase a raven just to make use of multitouch. To be honest, I am not a big fan of Steven Slate either. I am sure there would be a lot of potential customers for a Mac version.

Hoping for some answers and insights.

Thanks upfront and best regards from Austria,
Markus

Constantine

Post by Constantine » 02 Oct 2016 06:47

orthogonalrecords wrote:Hi all!
I can now run projects at a buffer size of 64 samples, whereas under Win 10 Cubase would crash when opening the exact same projects with buffers lower than 2048 samples. That was quite surprising to me as I didn't expect such a big difference with the exact same hardware
Markus
Hi, This is a surprise for me as well, because I have windows and I can run big project very easily at lower buffer without crash. For me it is very stable. Anyway, would be nice to have a mac version of Dtouch.

Sincerely,
Constantine

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 04 Oct 2016 15:31

I repeat what I have said before: we are working on DTouch for Cubendo on OS X.
At the moment, it is impossible to have a meaningful ETA.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

orthogonalrecords

Post by orthogonalrecords » 04 Oct 2016 18:24

Ok, I see. Thanks very much.
I'm gonna wait eagerly for it. :D

Best,
Markus