Another Dream..... Cubase DTouch

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
Home Studio 87

Another Dream..... Cubase DTouch

Post by Home Studio 87 » 18 Apr 2016 16:37

I know that DTouch does'nt support Workspace in Cubase, but this is a really great feature, so can we imagine that we can have it without disturbing DTouch layout, let me explain :
DTouch use the Primary monitor (Mix & Project touch) so wil it be possible to have a sort of macro for Workspace that exclude the primary monitor ? In this case DTouch wont be affected and only others monitor will work with Workspaces (second/third/fourth....)

:cry: Will it be a crazy dream ?

Thank you
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

DT_bettinzana

Re: Another Dream..... Cubase DTouch

Post by DT_bettinzana » 26 Apr 2016 14:45

Hello, you are right about the power of Cubase workspaces.
You could start DTouch and wait till when it completes the automatic alignments, etc ... then you could save a workspace.
Then you can change the aspect of other windows (not the ones used by DTouch) and save a new workspace.

When you want to recall a workspace, you should restart from the same condition with a completed DTouch alignment.

In other words you shouldn't overwrite the work done by DTouch in the Project and Mix window.

If you follow this workflow, you should be able to safely use the workspaces.
Don't use a workspace to swap DTouch between mix and project!

I hope that this is clear enough.
Test it and report here.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies