Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
AFFILIATEDFAMILY

Re: I wish DTouch fader caps weren't so ugly for Pro Tools

Post by AFFILIATEDFAMILY » 10 Mar 2020 18:04

DT_bettinzana wrote:
08 Mar 2020 11:15
MichaelScott wrote:
07 Mar 2020 15:23
I have no problem with the fader caps look but maybe options would be a nice touch :mrgreen:
We have no problem changing the image of the knob, but we want to keep the current functionalities which where requested by some users in past. Lets see if somebody posts an image here.
If you can send me the image that is used now for the faders I can make something showing what I am talking about and upload it here

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 11 Mar 2020 15:50

AFFILIATEDFAMILY wrote:
09 Mar 2020 18:53
Could you just use an image that is as big as the one used now or even bigger but have the area around a smaller fader be transparent so it is still touchable in that area because it is part of the fader image? Seems to me that would work and then you wouldn't need a transparent part in the fader cap because it wouldn't block the numbers under.
Good idea ... but this was exactly what we have done since the beginning: active area larger than the graphic area. If possible and "safe", this is a common practice: have an "active/touchable" area larger than the graphic; this means more confort and better graphic aspect.
BUT ... some users asked for larger graphic and after we have implemented it, their reaction was: "Those large knobs ... fantastic! Now we can work a lot better!".
So, what should we do?
Including a custom-option for this seems overkilling to me.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 11 Mar 2020 15:51

AFFILIATEDFAMILY wrote:
10 Mar 2020 18:04
DT_bettinzana wrote:
08 Mar 2020 11:15
MichaelScott wrote:
07 Mar 2020 15:23
I have no problem with the fader caps look but maybe options would be a nice touch :mrgreen:
We have no problem changing the image of the knob, but we want to keep the current functionalities which where requested by some users in past. Lets see if somebody posts an image here.
If you can send me the image that is used now for the faders I can make something showing what I am talking about and upload it here
OK, write to support@deviltechnologies.com asking for this.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies