I wish DTouch fader caps weren't so ugly for Pro Tools

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
setthetonestudios

I wish DTouch fader caps weren't so ugly for Pro Tools

Post by setthetonestudios » 26 Feb 2020 02:46

Just as the title says, I wish DTouch fader caps weren't so ugly for Pro Tools. Please make nicer looking fader caps that look real like ones on a console or even make them look like the Pro Tools fader caps. PLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEE

DT_bettinzana

Re: I wish DTouch fader caps weren't so ugly for Pro Tools

Post by DT_bettinzana » 26 Feb 2020 09:47

setthetonestudios wrote:
26 Feb 2020 02:46
Just as the title says, I wish DTouch fader caps weren't so ugly for Pro Tools. Please make nicer looking fader caps that look real like ones on a console or even make them look like the Pro Tools fader caps. PLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEE
You are right, but so many users asked for very large caps ... now they are large.
And so many users wanted to read the value under the cap; now you can!

Yes, they are ugly, not like those fantastic GUI of the vast majority of plug-ins, but they do their job fantastically :D
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

setthetonestudios

Post by setthetonestudios » 26 Feb 2020 15:49

DT_bettinzana wrote:
26 Feb 2020 09:47
setthetonestudios wrote:
26 Feb 2020 02:46
You are right, but so many users asked for very large caps ... now they are large.
And so many users wanted to read the value under the cap; now you can!

Yes, they are ugly, not like those fantastic GUI of the vast majority of plug-ins, but they do their job fantastically :D
Is there a .png file or something I can swap out with one I make in photoshop or something? I really want them changed

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 26 Feb 2020 19:14

setthetonestudios wrote:
26 Feb 2020 15:49
Is there a .png file or something I can swap out with one I make in photoshop or something? I really want them changed
No, it is compiled in the binary code.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

setthetonestudios

Post by setthetonestudios » 03 Mar 2020 04:11

DT_bettinzana wrote:
26 Feb 2020 19:14
setthetonestudios wrote:
26 Feb 2020 15:49
No, it is compiled in the binary code.
Sad day :( I really don't like the fader caps. I just can't get over how bad they look (like something from 1998). It's cool if people want them big but I don't understand why so boxy and ugly. I wonder how many other people would like them changed to a design more up to date

~ufo~

Post by ~ufo~ » 05 Mar 2020 19:55

I preferred the old look too (maybe it could become a preference?).
That said, DTouch brings so much productivity enhancement to the table that I happily forgive it such a minor downside.
Yvo van Gemert
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12 on 16 Core Ryzen 3950X, Iiyama T27, 23" Apple Cinema display, iPad with PT | Control app, no lava lamp.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 06 Mar 2020 15:04

OK,
post here an image (bmp, png, ...) of your preferred fader knob. It must have the same dimensions of the current one (because it must be large enough to be easily grabbed and not too high to avoid reducing the virtual fader travel) and have the same advantages (see-through of the scale, index). If it will be better than the current one, we will use it in DTouch for Pro Tools.

Thank you for your help improving DTouch!
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 07 Mar 2020 15:23

I have no problem with the fader caps look but maybe options would be a nice touch :mrgreen:

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 08 Mar 2020 11:15

MichaelScott wrote:
07 Mar 2020 15:23
I have no problem with the fader caps look but maybe options would be a nice touch :mrgreen:
We have no problem changing the image of the knob, but we want to keep the current functionalities which where requested by some users in past. Lets see if somebody posts an image here.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

AFFILIATEDFAMILY

Post by AFFILIATEDFAMILY » 09 Mar 2020 18:53

Could you just use an image that is as big as the one used now or even bigger but have the area around a smaller fader be transparent so it is still touchable in that area because it is part of the fader image? Seems to me that would work and then you wouldn't need a transparent part in the fader cap because it wouldn't block the numbers under.