floating mixer

Post here requests for new features about any Aida Sound product
navidsyed

floating mixer

Post by navidsyed » 15 Jun 2016 19:44

not sure if it is currently possible but would really like to have a floating mixer on my track view, it would be nice if I am only using 1 monitor which is touch I like to see my tracks while my mixing, I thought I saw this feature not sure if it is doable or not.. :)

DT_bettinzana

Re: floating mixer

Post by DT_bettinzana » 16 Jun 2016 09:13

Hello!
At the moment we don't have a floating strip/mixer in DTouch for Cubase (I suppose that you are a Cubase user).
We are updating DTouch for Cubase in these days with a lot of new features and I don't think that we will be able to include the floating mixer in the next release, but I will keep your request in our to-do list.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

navidsyed

Post by navidsyed » 25 Aug 2016 17:05

thank you, also would like to see if possible to adjust the width of the volume sliders in next update? :shock:

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 29 Aug 2016 15:20

navidsyed wrote:thank you, also would like to see if possible to adjust the width of the volume sliders in next update? :shock:
Hello!
Do you mean "adjusting" the width of the slider(s) of a "floating" mixer (which we haven't implemented yet) or of the "Integrated" DTouch mixer overlay?
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

navidsyed

Post by navidsyed » 05 Sep 2016 16:26

DT_bettinzana wrote: Do you mean "adjusting" the width of the slider(s) of a "floating" mixer (which we haven't implemented yet) or of the "Integrated" DTouch mixer overlay?
current Integrated DTouch Mixer.. :mrgreen:

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 20 Sep 2016 15:29

navidsyed wrote:
DT_bettinzana wrote: Do you mean "adjusting" the width of the slider(s) of a "floating" mixer (which we haven't implemented yet) or of the "Integrated" DTouch mixer overlay?
current Integrated DTouch Mixer.. :mrgreen:
Hello ... and sorry for this late answer!

The width of a "channel strip" depends on the number of shown tracks and on the layout that you have chosen (with/without the tracklist and with/without the Control Room panel). The width is a tradeoff between the number of shown tracks and ergonomy. We think/hope that we have chosen a good width.

Maybe that you are referring to the size of the fake-knob. Again, at the moment it cannot be larger than this if we want to keep the same width of the channel strip. It is a tradeoff, like anything else.

Implementing a custom-sized channel_strip/knob is not easy. At the moment we prefer to use our time-resources for the integration of new features, but ... never say never.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies