How to write a Good Macro - Tutorial 1 (Cubase)

Discussions about Macros for DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo
DT_bettinzana

Re: How to write a Good Macro - Tutorial 1 (Cubase)

Post by DT_bettinzana » 07 Feb 2017 16:14

Constantine wrote:Thanks. This is really impressive. An fx plugin on first free slot will be the next ninja level skills! :D
Ha ha, you want to challenge us!
Wait till tomorrow ...
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Support Team

Post by Support Team » 09 Feb 2017 10:51

Constantine wrote:Thanks. This is really impressive. An fx plugin on first free slot will be the next ninja level skills! :D
As promised:

DTouch for Cubase Macro
Cubase - Add user defined Plug-In.dat
(4.47 KiB) Downloaded 574 times
DTouch for Nuendo Macro
Nuendo - Add user defined Plug-In.dat
(4.52 KiB) Downloaded 626 times
This Macro has some advanced features, and can be configured by inspecting/editing the first Macro Command. Check it out!
In particular, this Macro can be configured to add the Plug-In to the first free slot, or to a specified slot.

Requirements:
  1. This Macro required some new features in DTouch. The minimum required DTouch version is:
    • DTouch for Cubase: v 1.2.46
    • DTouch for Nuendo: v 1.1.26
  2. This Macro operates on the Track Channel Editor. The Channel Editor for the Track on which you want to operate must already be opened prior to launching the Macro.

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 09 Feb 2017 11:31

Yesss I will try this one...... ;)
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / iPad 3 Lemur... /

Constantine

Post by Constantine » 09 Feb 2017 14:05

This company deserves a big thanks and our support!!!

Can't believe this! This is really, really nice! Great work!
Little by little, the way we interact with our DAW, is changing and evolving in something greater. Believe me when I say, the using of mouse for me when I working, is slowly reducing just for scroll. :D
My left hand, access all the macros, buttons transport etc... and for editing, in right hand I have an active pen, which has surgical precision on my 42" capacitive touchscreen. And now, all my fx, vst instrument etc... at a touch button distance.
Great things are happen on this forum. A little community which are growing and have a unique place in the evolution of music technology.
History begins here.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 09 Feb 2017 15:59

Thank you Constantine!
If we can help, we will do. We want that DTouch becomes the control center of your studio.

I post here and I will post somewhere else on this forum: WE NEED YOUR HELP FOR THE DESIGN OF THE NEW FLOATING MIXER OF DTOUCH FOR CUBASE/NUENDO!
The new floating mixer will probably be the most important piece of the next big DTouch for Cubendo update. We want your feedback for designing it.

We cannot disclose too much to the public, so we will discuss about this in the new "Private Discussions" Forum. Even if you are Pro Tools users, you can contribute with your ideas.

Thanks!!
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott » 20 Feb 2017 22:00

I just wanted to add that this macro "add defined user plugin" is working perfect for me when adding "Virtual Mix Rack" Virtual Console Channel to multiple tracks in a mix. It loads so fast! Just Qlink your selected tracks make sure "cntrl" is deselected and execute. Very smooth also when executing. Now I just need to figure out how I can have it load then close the plugin gui. I tried it on a 40 track mix and closing all those windows takes time:) Will report back if I'm successful. :twisted:

On a side note, when I'm creating macros, mine always seem to cause the macro tool bars to "flash" or disappear for a second when I execute the macro? Any macros you have made don't seem to do that. Any ideas?

pablo1980

Post by pablo1980 » 21 Feb 2017 09:44

There is a keycommand for closing ALL opened plugins, it will close other plugins and instruments that you have opened, but you could add it to the macro and then reopen the ones you need?

I think is in the mixer menu of the keycommands window
It's very handy, to have it on your keyboard, and I use it all the time.

DT_bettinzana

Post by DT_bettinzana » 21 Feb 2017 14:55

MichaelScott wrote:On a side note, when I'm creating macros, mine always seem to cause the macro tool bars to "flash" or disappear for a second when I execute the macro? Any macros you have made don't seem to do that. Any ideas?
It is not very clear to me, but could you verify the "Hide DTouch windows when the Macro is running" checkbox in the Macro Editor? See the User Guide for more infos about it.
If this doesn't fix your issue, send one of your macros to support@deviltechnologies.com and we will check it.
Silvano Bettinzana
Devil Technologies

Constantine

Post by Constantine » 21 Feb 2017 23:52

Now I just need to figure out how I can have it load then close the plugin gui. I tried it on a 40 track mix and closing all those windows takes time:)
Another way: In preferences/ VST/ Plug-in/ deselect "Open Effect Editor after Loading it"
Last edited by Constantine on 22 Feb 2017 09:54, edited 2 times in total.

Constantine

***„Add user defined plug-in“ without open or close Editor Channel!***

Post by Constantine » 22 Feb 2017 01:10

„Add user defined plug-in“ for Project window.

Very happy with this wonderful macro. :-)
All my plug-ins works flawlessly.
I added 3 simple lines of command, one before and two after the macro.
All you have to do is to set in Cubase your shortcut for Channel Editor, and add a sleep time for plug-in to load. Most of my plug-in works with 400 ms, even 200 or less, but in some cases it takes more to load. Hope this helps.

(This modified version of the macro is intended to work only in Project window, for DTouch Mixer use the original version.)
Attachments
Add user defined FX Plug-in.dat
(5.15 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
Last edited by Constantine on 19 Mar 2017 03:33, edited 4 times in total.